Dr. Reckeweg Digitalis Purpurea (Mother Tincture)
The tincture is prepared from the fresh leaves of the uncultivated plant.
Common Name: Fox-glove
Causes & Symptoms for Dr. Reckeweg Digitalis Purpurea
- Digitalis is not a remedy applicable every day and which cannot be used frequently until and unless matched and indicated.
- Its greatest indication is in failure of compensation and especially when auricular fibrillation has set in.
- great weakness, coldness of skin, and irregular respiration associated with heart complaints indicates Digitalis.
- Stimulates the heart’s muscle and helps improve the flow of blood in the body
- Every shock, like bad news strikes her in the epigastrium.
- High living, excess of alcohol leads to symptoms that need the medicine Digitalis to relieve the complaints.
Mind and Head
- Tearful and inclined to stay alone with longing grief indicates Digitalis.
- Vertigo, when walking and on rising with fullness and noise in head.
- Shooting frontal pain, extending into nose indicates this medicine.
Eyes, Nose, ear
- Lid margins red, swollen with stickiness, Burning pain and pressure above the eyes in the morning is relieved with Digitalis
- Swelling of the parotid with pain behind the ear, Hissing voice with stitching pain behind the ear is resolved with this medicine.
- Blueness of skin, eyelids, lips and tongue. Pain above the root of the nose with hoarseness of voice.
Face and Mouth
- Drawing pains with swelling of the cheek-bones on being touched is resolved with Digitalis.
- For open pores on the face which are black and suppurating is relieved with Digitalis Purpurea.
- Ulcer on the tongue with constant saliva in the mouth with constant desire to spit.
- Sore pain on swallowing is relieved with Digitalis.
- Dry cough, with pains in the shoulders and arms, Choking sensation with cough mostly at night is relieved with Digitalis.
- Sudden sensation as though heart stood still with Shifting pains in heart
- Palpitation easily excited on climbing or doing any activity
- Constant pain or anguish at heart, with palpitation after by exercise or mental emotion indicates Digitalis.
- The least movement causes violent palpitation with sensation as if it would stop beating.
- Pulse weak, and quickened by least movement. Weakness is the very character of the Digitalis pulse, and all these characteristics go along with it
Stomach and Abdomen
- Nausea and Vomiting at the sight or smell of food.
- Convulsive retching, with fullness and pressure on the epigastrium is seen.
- Pressure, burning pain, and heaviness in the stomach and in the epigastrium extending to the esophagus is relieved with Digitalis
- After having food, pressure and inflation of the abdomen and of the stomach indicates this remedy.
- Pain in left side of abdomen due to Enlarged, sore, painful liver indicates Digitalis.
- Frequent emission of small quantities of water with burning sensation and constriction in the urethra is relieved with Digitalis.
- Wetting the bed at night.
- Sensation as if bladder is too full even after micturition is relieved with Digitalis.
- Enlarged prostate, Hydrocele; scrotum enlarged like a bladder indicates Digitalis Purpurea.
- Female complaints
- Sudden flushes of heat followed by great weakness is an indication of digitalis which is accompanied with palpitations and nervousness.
- Stiffness and tension of the muscles, Heaviness with tearing pains in the neck, back and limbs.
- Tearings in the joints of the fingers, Great stiffness in the legs after being seated
- Coldness of the feet with painful swelling is relieved with Digitalis.
- Restlessness with great nervous weakness, Least motion brings on palpitation.
- Continuous sleepiness during the day, with uneasy and disturbed sleep at night due to anxiety and nervousness, fear.
- Dyspnoea, constant desire to breathe deeply, lungs feel compressed are relieved with help of Digitalis.
- Distended veins in eyes, ears, lips, and tongue
- Worse, when sitting erect is an indication of Digitalis.
Side effects of Dr. Reckeweg Digitalis Purpurea
- There are no such side effects. But every medicine should be taken following the rules as given.
- It is safe to take the tablets even if you are taking allopathy medicines, ayurvedic etc.
- Homeopathic medicines never interfere with the action of other medicines.
Dosage and rules while taking Dr. Reckeweg Digitalis Purpurea
- Take 10 drops in half cup of water three times a day.
- We recommend you to take under physicians guidance.
Precautions while taking Dr. Reckeweg Digitalis Purpurea
- Always keep a gap of 15 minutes before or after meals when you take medicine.
- If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a homeopathic practitioner before use.
- Avoid eating tobacco or drinking alcohol.