Tincture of powdered dried root.
Common Name: Snakewort, Poly gala senega.
Causes & Symptoms for Senega
- Senega is an old lung tonic, has been an ingredient in most of the lung medicines for the last one hundred years
- Its relation is to the air passages, striking action on the mucous membrane of the air passages, in various forms of dyspnea, cardiac and asthmatic.
- Sufferings that come on with rapidity, from taking cold, or from a cold that involves the whole chest indicates Senega.
- Dryness of inner parts which are usually moist indicates Senega.
- Short breathing and oppression of chest when going up stairs, dyspnea especially during rest, walls of the chest sensitive or painful when touched and on inspiring.
- Cough with great accumulation of mucus, which seems to fill the chest, with much rattling, wheezing, and difficult breathing is relieved with this remedy.
Mind and Head
- Excessive anguish, often with accelerated and hasty respiration.
- Headache which also affects the eyes, is worse by heat of a room. Eruption on head.
- Sharp pains in chest and temples during the attacks indicates Senega.
- Violent rush of blood to head when stooping, especially to eyeballs, where a painful pressure is experienced indicates Senega.
Eyes, ear, nose
- Pains, inflammation both of the exterior and interior of the eye and lids, worse when looking intently at an object.
- Eyes pain as if pressed out, for opacity of vitreous. Stitches in right eye when coughing, dryness of eyes is relieved with Senega.
- Painful acuteness of hearing. Itching in the interior of the nose with sneezing is resolved with this remedy.
Mouth and Throat
- Burning vesicles in commissures of lips, on upper lip, irritation and roughness in oesophagus, burning sensation
- Dryness in the mouth and throat, and the cough is incessant; worse in cold air and from walking is relieved with Senega.
- Aphonia from severe cold or excessive use of the voice, constant tickling and burning in the larynx indicates Senega.
- Tenacious mucus, so tenacious that he cannot cough it up, cough is so violent that it makes him shake from head to foot; it brings on a tremulous feeling all over the body.
Stomach and abdomen
- Burning sensation in stomach, Vomiting, with diarrhoea and great anguish, colic in stomach, with pressive pain.
- Burning and squeezing (oppression) in epigastrium during an inspiration is relieved with Senega.
Stool and Anus
- Watery stools spurting from anus and frequent, loose evacuations.
- Sensation in urethra after and during the emission of urine. Urging and scalding before and after micturition.
- Increased sexual desire, with painful erections.
- Menses too soon, keeps on coming early with urinary incontinence.
Neck and Back
- Burning sensation and subcutaneous itching over whole back is relieved with Senega.
- Aching and drawing in back and shoulder-blades
- Pain as if sprained in wrists, jerking in upper arm during siesta
- Trembling in legs. Great weakness of feet.
- Bites of poisonous animals or animals when in a state of range.
- The chest pains, rheumatic pains and inflammatory pains are worse during rest, but the cough is made worse from motion and the
- asthmatic troubles are made worse from the slightest motion, cannot walk against the wind, because it bring on chest symptoms and dyspnea.
- Dry and shaking cough, excited by a tickling in larynx is relieved with Senega.
- The cough is worse in evening and at night, during rest, in warm room, when sitting.
Side effects of Senega
- There are no such side effects. But every medicine should be taken following the rules as given.
- It is safe to take the medicine even if you are on other mode of medication like allopathy medicines, ayurvedic etc.
- Homeopathic medicines never interfere with the action of other medicines.
Dosage and rules while taking Senega
- Take 10 drops in half cup of water three times a day.
- We recommend you to take under physicians guidance.
Precautions while taking Senega
- Always keep a gap of 15 minutes before or after meals when you take medicine.
- If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a homeopathic practitioner before use.
- Avoid eating tobacco or drinking alcohol during the course of medication.